One Two THREE


OK, we all know that Heather doesn't turn three until tomorrow, the 2nd of September. But don't tell Heather. The party was today, so we just pretended the whole day that today was her birthday and she is now 3. It was a great day, started off with a special delivery man ringing the doorbell at 7:30am (Jen, you're lucky the gift was so fab that we didn't mind), then French toast and bacon and birthday hats at breakfast. She took her new goggles to her swimming lessons while Mum stayed home to get the picnic things together. We went to Crookston Castle to run around and climb to the top and pretend to be princesses, but the wind was inescapable so we carted the picnic back to the house. We had a nice afternoon; thanks to the friends and godparents for the nice gifts. It's not even 9pm yet but I'm going to hit the sack. Tomorrow (the actual birthday) we'll just take it easy, go to church and to the dump. Honestly, anyone who, at any time in the future tells Heather that we spent her 3rd birthday at the dump is out of the will, or off the Christmas card list at least.
6 Comments:
Whoa... Heather's looking pretty tired there with her present... and what are you doing at the dump?? Who goes to the dump anymore?? Where is there even a dump to go to? The only image that comes in my head is the Dunmaglass dump... the kind that are off a dirt road in a remote forest.
I'm off now to send a cute card... bad auntie!
!!! JOYEUX ANNIVERSAIRE HEATHER !!!
Enormes bisous de Marion, Alix, Luc, et Bea.
By "dump" I mean Civic Amenity and Recycling Centre, for large, bulky items and garden refuse. But you do dump the stuff down enormous skips. And dump is a fun word. Dumpdumpdump. You're dumped. Who wants to go to the dump with Dad?! Me! Yay!
Heather looks so much older than 3 in those photos! And SO much like Sharon it's eerie!
Happy Birthday, Heather!
Dana, Jason, Hannah, Jack & Henry
Happy Birthday Cool Kid! I remember getting goggles as a gift when I was younger, it was awesome!!! In fact, I was wishing for goggles all summer when I practiced doing underwater somersaults at the beach. Hope your day was great, Heather!
Thank you for the nice pictures. looks like a great birthday party but what? No hot dogs? I thought Heather is Canadian also. Did you all sing the Willian Tell Overture as you went to the dump, to the dump, to the dump, to the dump, TOOOOOO THE DUMP!
Post a Comment
<< Home