24 June 2007

Photography

Two points about photography: First, my camera and my terrible skills just keep letting you down, I realise. You look at blogs like Dana's or Dan's and every image is amazing.
Secondly, thanks to photographers worldwide, yesterday Jennifer and I had a great day making silver jewellry. But the silver comes as clay!! It's made from photographic silver residue and turned into this clay that you shape (very quickly-two minutes or your clay is bunk), then you fire it in a kiln and it comes out as silver!! (See Jennifer's blog for notes on silver purity). Then you polish it and brush it and burnish it and you have something that looks professional. We were very proud of ourselves. Thanks Jen for a great birthday day.



While we were there John and Geoff took the three girls to a farm park where they let them jump their heads off in a bouncy castle for an hour and a half. There was water and mud peacocoks and baby goats and ice cream and dog poop and changes of clothes and it sounds like they all had a great day. But there are no photographic images to share with you, sorry.

5 Comments:

At 14:55, Blogger Patrick Reynolds said...

if there's a demand, we can provide the photographic images of dog poop.

 
At 16:39, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I luuuuurve your pendant. Fun day- thanks!
xJen

 
At 22:28, Blogger Bethanne Reynolds said...

Is that a once in a lifetime chance, or can I do it too???
Patrick, poop pics are preposterous. Punk.

 
At 01:05, Blogger St. Louis Family said...

Sounds like the PERFECT birthday gift! What a fun way to spend the day. Your jewelry is beautiful! I miss you girls!
Dana

 
At 09:07, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello John, parent pathétique !!! merci pour ta réponse ... j'étais inquiète pour vous à cause de cette phrase ... heureusement Bruno m'avait rassurée.
Bisous à tous.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home