14 November 2011

Ailsa's Riddle

I can come in any colour,
but I'm usually brown
If you don't play with me,
I won't make a sound.

My friend is tall and straight,
And has really long hair.
I am much more curvy,
and together we're a pair.

You can not write anything,
not anything on my scroll.
You can not cross my bridge,
'cause it has holes.

What am I?

8 Comments:

At 13:17, Anonymous Oma said...

I Know, I know, I know, I know the answer and I can't say because it will ruin it for everyone else. I'll ask Opa to email your mom for proof. What a great riddle, I love riddles.

 
At 18:48, Anonymous Bethanne said...

Me too, I think I got it, but don't want to ruin it... I'll email it. That is a super poem, Ailsa! Well done! I'm putting your name in my golden book!

 
At 22:39, Blogger Jen said...

Piano-no wait- guitar or fiddle? No wait. I really don't know. Ailsa, you have me stumped.

 
At 16:54, Blogger Jen said...

I have been thinking about this while feeding Evelyn here this last half hour. My guess is actually the same as the other Jen's: a violin?

 
At 20:01, Blogger John and Sharon said...

I'm glad you like my riddle. Yes the answer is a fiddle. Ailsa

 
At 23:10, Blogger Pen & Rix Place said...

Wow! What a great riddle Ailsa! I couldn't guess it so I'm glad someone gave the answer. That is very clever.

Penny

 
At 16:09, Blogger Jen said...

OMG!! I WIN!! What do I get?

 
At 15:28, Anonymous riekske said...

No, I won first Jennifer and what do I get? Zippo, Nothing but knowing what a smart granddaughter I have. Ailsa tells me she composed it. Isn't that smart?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home