Yes, families do need fathers
I agree with Jen C.
I do, from time to time, roll my eyes at John's ideas and suggestions, thinking they are bonkers, or ill-thought-through, or completely devoid of any assessment of risk.
Fireworks, for example. On Bonfire Night (Guy Fawkes night) last Monday, John wanted to do a fireworks display for the girls. In our back garden. Have you seen our back garden? It measures about 6m by 10m, and within that space are 2 hedges, a wooden playhouse, 6 trees, a carpet of fallen leaves and overhead electricity wires. It is also bordered on 3 sides by the neighbours' wooden fences and sheds.
I sent him to the local shop for a naan bread and he comes back with a box of fireworks. Us four females were sent indoors to watch behind the safety of the window while he did his manly pyrotechnics outside.
Well, I have to say that in the end, the fireworks display was really..........cute. I have never seen such cute little fireworks. It was like firefly fairies dancing in the backyard. Little fountains of light rising about 2 feet off the ground and a miniature wheel twirling sparkles in a radius of maybe 30cm. All very sweet. I think I liked it even more than the little people.
Unfortunately, I am not so au fait with my camera that I can capture fireworks images, so here is a shot of the packets on the kitchen counter, before being lit.
Thank you John, for the sparkle you bring to our house.


3 Comments:
Hahahaha!! I told Mae about John's plan and she inhaled sharply and said 'oh NO!!'- so I will tell her it was a tiny fireworks display. Hilarious. Were they meant to be small or was John sold a lemon...? Next he'll come home with magic beans.
Don't worry it's a man thing! We also had a little firework party, with a rocket that went up and up and up then came down and down and down finally exploding in a lovely red and blue display just behind our back fence! Fortunately its the railway, and they don't run at night. I'll email you a couple of pictures.
Pyromaniacs anonymous!
JR
Post a Comment
<< Home