22 March 2010

Gender Wars

Claire noticed a couple of bricks missing from a brick wall.
"Boken!"
"You're right, it is broken."
"Somebody boke it"
"Maybe"
"Boys."
"What? Boys?? Well, maybe it was a girl."
"Neh, maybe a didl........................no, BOYS"

I did not teach her this, I swear! And she doesn't know any crowd of rowdy boys. I'll have to blame her sisters for giving her the idea that boys are trouble.

6 Comments:

At 17:24, Blogger ED said...

Except she's right.

And when they claim the hole will cause no long term problems. and was part of their plan in the first place - she'll be even more right.

And when they hum and haw and get the joiner and the electrician to make a secret club with them and say that these things don't matter and girls worry needlessly about them - she'll be ever more convinced of her ways.

And when she's all grown up and her husband says, "Yeh, I'll have the cellar converted into a kitchen in a few months", I hope she remembers...

elainexx

 
At 17:30, Blogger Jen said...

"nnngaa! nnnnaaa, ckkkkk" *whack! whack!* -Henry
[translate: I love trouble]

 
At 18:16, Blogger Patrick Reynolds said...

Ha, I love Jennifer's comment. Oh boy, Henry does love trouble.

 
At 18:39, Blogger St. Louis Family said...

Funny, I was just going to say, "she's right". It was boys for sure!

 
At 20:39, Blogger Jen said...

Elaine's comment is great! You need to send her on a general house maintenance course instead of highland dancing. Do they do that for under 5's?

 
At 07:15, Blogger Bethanne Reynolds said...

Too busy laughing to comment!... but wanted you to know I was here. And laughing.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home