05 June 2010

I. Love. Weeding.

I am well on my way to becoming a gardening bore. Jennifer seems to lend a romance to the activity of planting and blossoming and harvesting, which I don't think I can do. Instead I could easily start blogging about how many carrot shoots are up, and the merits of different supports for string beans. I mean, I have already done a post about snails. Somebody stop me. But, briefly....I have discovered weeding. What a great, therapeutic, relaxing thing to do. Sit on the grass, or kneel in the dirt and just pull out the bad little plants, or root out a great nasty dandelion. Stop now, enough words.

So instead, I could tell you about the lovely Saturday we had, without any fighting, lots of sun, playing, eating lunch outdoors, going to a local summer fair and playing lots of games to win lots of sweeties and prizes. Then, Ailsa had a birthday party to go to down at "the amusements" at the beach, right over suppertime, so I took the other 3 to Pizza Hut (John was working), and we just had such a fun time together. Laura was pulling goofy faces with her spoon in her mouth to make her sisters laugh, Heather loved not having any competition for conversation or filling in the crosswords and puzzles in the kids' menu and at one point Claire threw both hands up in the air and said, "jzeshtalunn, jzeshtalunn, jzeshtalunn!" ( jzeshtalunn = restaurant)

8 Comments:

At 22:59, Blogger Jen said...

Come weed my garden! And is Claire half Czech or something? She definetly speaks another language. Hope you get a camera for your birthday!!

 
At 01:55, Blogger tracey said...

I love the garden posts! If you do I will! :) But I also love the Kid posts...jzeshtalum, muzltoff!

 
At 22:34, Blogger St. Louis Family said...

I think you must not have too many weeds if you love weeding. That or you're just a better person than I am. I sat outside weeding for about an hour today and feel frustrated and stressed out since I only got about 10% of the weeding done in that amount of time! Glad to hear you had such a nice weekend!

 
At 02:48, Anonymous asr said...

Whoa Dana! Rita and I spent a whole day and a bit weeding at the cottage. Unlike Sharon though I can't say that we enjoyed it but it did feel better when it was done of course.

 
At 19:12, Blogger Bethanne Reynolds said...

Small, manageable, enjoyable, European gardens. I recommend. Which European weirdo went over to the new world and decided he needed 8 times as much weeding than he'd had in the motherland, I don't know, but I'd like to shake the rest of us for being persuaded. Happy weeding, my warped sister.

 
At 01:57, Blogger Jack said...

a good place to to plant chanterel mushrooms !!!

 
At 10:23, Blogger John and Sharon said...

great idea Jack, then I can weed them out and get rich! Careful with the sharp knives though.

 
At 15:02, Blogger St. Louis Family said...

Oh, Sharon, I'll never forget your return from a mushroom picking weekend and your tale of the stabbed leg! You always had a cool mushy spot on your leg after that!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home